Guardian Visa (Type “Non-Immigrant O”)
- Guardian visa is a visa for the parent / the father / the mother who applies to be the guardian of a student whose educational institution is in Thailand.
- Adding to the Thai Child / Children with one or more foreign parentA foreign parent / foreign parents OR legal guardian MUST apply for the guardian visa issued by the Royal Embassy or Consulate of Thailand in any countries.
- Their child / children must be under 20 years of age.
With required documents as follows:
- Birth certificate of the child / children as a proof of relationship to that child / those children.
- Admission letter and enrollment form as proof of the child’s / the children’s enrollment in schools in Thailand.
- Deposit with the amount of 500,000 TH฿ or above OR an official certificate issued by Embassies / Consulates of Thailand concerned of his / her / their nationality or residence confirming that a parent / parents OR legal guardian merely obtain 500,000 TH฿ a year or above as his / her / their income, (current Thai exchange rate is available https://www.bot.or.th/English/Pages/default.aspx at the Bank of Thailand’s website), which will be later set up his / her / their Thai bank accounts.