Retirement Visa (Type “Non-Immigrant O”)
- A foreign national whose age is 50 years or above
- With required documents by follows:
- Retiree’s bank statement (Thailand) showing a balance in the amount of 800,000 TH฿ or above OR an official certificate issued by embassies / consulates concerned of her / his nationality or residence confirming that the applicant merely obtain 800,000 TH฿ a year or above as her / his income. (current Thai exchange rate is available https://www.bot.or.th/English/Pages/default.aspx at the Bank of Thailand’s website.)
** For the first-year visa extension, 800,000 TH฿ as cash on deposit MUST be presented in advance for 2 months.
** For the second-year visa extension, 800,000 TH฿ as cash on deposit MUST be presented in advance for 3 months.
- In case that a retiree enters to Thailand with tourist visa and on-arrival visa, it can be changed into a retirement visa in Thailand.
** With 800,000 TH฿ as cash on deposit, a retiree can immediately get his / her visa altered or an official certificate issued by embassies / consulates concerned of his / her nationality or residence confirming his / her income.
- If the retiree’s spouse would like to accompany him / her, the retiree’s valid marriage certificate MUST be presented as a supporting document.